Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"technicolor thonet" from Design*Sponge

technicolor thonet:


It’s funny how our perceptions of furniture and things we grew up with can change over time. When I was little, Spode and Thonet-inspired dining chairs were a big part of my parents’ decorating style, and I remember thinking they were tragically uncool. Cut to 20 or so years later, and now I’m starting to appreciate and even want them. Yesterday morning, I spent a few hours hunting down a vintage wooden Thonet side chair (with cane seat — no luck), and I came across these colorful versions instead. While this isn’t quite the look I’m going for, I totally would have given in to the hot pink version a few years ago. All that bright color against such a classic, curvy form looks fantastic. The blue and green versions are sold at DWR ($275 each), and the hot pink one is from ABC Home ($150). So if the worn-out wooden look isn’t quite your bag, maybe these bright versions will be a better fit. I’d love to see a ton of those pink chairs attached to create one giant entryway bench . . . xo, grace





No comments:

Post a Comment